Monday 14 November 2016

[EVENT] Gundam Modeling Kit Competition 2016

     Greetings! Another blog post for today. For now we will check out some of the best Gunpla displays at this year's Gundam Modeling Kit Competition 2016. It is a yearly event organized by (the assholes at) Bankee Trading and Gundam Philippines. It's some sort of preview for GBWC but I guess that's just me. Too bad I wasn't able to join because of reasons. And then after checking out some displays I felt that desire, that fire once again to make my own custom Gunpla and join a competition but then again laziness once again so dammit. 

      Anyway, here are some of the photos that I took during the event. If you see your build here then congratulations! You are very creative, and considered a veteran at your work. But if not, sorry. And I apologize in advance if your build wasn't that much appealing to me. So enough babbling, let's check out some epic looking Gunpla builds!






I really don't know why this GM is facing towards this Zaku.



"Targeting and firing!" LOL


This is one of my favorites
It's some sort of diorama of a scene from Gundam Build Fighters TRY.
And this is not in HG 1/144 scale, it's in 1/100 scale.

As far as I remember, the winner from last year was a very much weathered custom of the Sazabi Ver Ka. which I sensed would win the competition. And so this year, I found so many entries with a weathered theme.



Good thing the others are done with chrome paint.













In the video game "Mobile Suit Gundam: Federation vs Zeon Deluxe", once your done with the Arcade and Campaign modes, you can use and play mobile suits from both factions weather you're a Feddie or Zeonic. And when you use Char's Zaku II while you're on EFSF's side, the Zaku's color will turn into white, blue, red, and yellow Gundam colors. 







I want to have this kind of coating for my Sazabi.

Tri-Color custom #2
Too bad it doesn't have that cape thing.

Tri-Color custom #3







So since this is an event organized by Bankee, it's a great opportunity for them to gain profit! During the event they were selling some P-Bandais kits. But there's a catch:


You must first buy a Gunpla with a specific amount before you are allowed to buy one of the P-Bandais. Good move Bankee, good move.

P-Bandais galore!
Too bad I was saving some money that time. It was the only time that I can own myself a P-Bandai HG Revive RX-78-3 Gundam G3. And I think that's the only P-Bandai there that's worth buying. Well, I better save some more money to go to Japan and buy my own P-Bandai at a more reasonable price.

         I know this is a late post of the event but it's quite of a throwback right? It's November as of now and then after a few weeks it's December, so I guess the next one is pretty much around the corner. I hope we'll have more creative and awesome made kits next year. And I hope I'll be able to think of my own entry as well. So what's your favorite build? Share it now on the comments below and I would like to hear your thoughts.

See you on my next post!

またね~

No comments:

Post a Comment