Monday 14 November 2016

BATMOBILES! [Dream Tomica 1989 Batmobile (Batman), 2005/2008 The Tumbler (Batman Begins/The Dark Knight), and 2016 Batmobile (Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice) from Hotwheels REVIEW


       Greetings! As I posted on my instagram yesterday, I am updating my blog again from now on. I just really need to stop being lazy for now. It's been a long time since my last review/post and I was able to grab lots of collectibles to show of to you guys. 2015 was pretty quick. At that time being I bought so many collectibles from Gunpla, action figures, (bootleg) LEGOs, and some other stuff. And of course due to laziness I wasn't able to show it off here at my blog. But now, the time has come! I just realize that I now own a laptop, I have a pretty decent internet connection at home (using my own phone), and I have so many stuff right now. So yes, I am so pumped up to update you guys so here we are.

       Now for my comeback post, I will be reviewing not just 1, not 2, but three! Here we have the three Batmobiles from the recent Batman movies. And of course as a fan of the World's Greatest Detective (sorry Sherlock Holmes), who doesn't want to get themselves a replica of his mean machine?
(In case you don't know, From left to right: "Batmobile" from Batman (1989), "The Tumbler" from Batman Begins/The Dark Knight (2008),  and "Batmobile" from Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)

       Now we'll start of with one of the most iconic one (for me). Michael Keaton's Batmobile from the 1989 classic. The movie that received lot of hate before it was even released because of the casting of Michael Keaton. One of the reasons many people were angry about it was because of his previous film, Beetlejuice. Many people thought that Keaton might not give a very serious take on Batman/Bruce Wayne. Lots of people were so mad about it that they launched a petition against the casting choice. But same as what Ben Affleck did this year, Michael Keaton nailed the role. The seriousness and the perfect Batman voice (sorry Bale), the witty and sometimes funny take on Bruce Wayne, the dark and very menacing look on Batman, and of course, this epic scene between Bruce Wayne and The Clown Prince of Crime.
photo from www.tor.com
Now let's go now to this miniature of a masterpiece.


    Here it is with it's box from the background.

 
    I really like it's metallic finish. It's very shiny and really badass looking.


    Here it is in front. This angle reminds me of what happened in Batman Returns where it was being chased and Bats had to go through a narrow alley to escape the cops. I wonder why Dream Tomica didn't made a version of that one? But I guess that won't make any sense. 😂


    The details at the rear looks really dope. The silver paints on the wheels and that turbine looking thing are so badass looking. If you'll look closely, there's a small circular Bat insignia on the middle of the wheel's rims, a really nice touch of detail. Good job Tomy.    👍

 
    A very well detailed replica of the iconic batmobile. Amazing details and it runs smoothly when you play around with it. A good buy for the fans of the Tim Burton classic. 10/10
   
   

       Now let's fast forward 16 years into the future. With Christopher Nolan's take on the Caped Crusader wiht 2005's Batman Begins. Now for a little trivia, Warner Bros. went through a lot of decision making and lots of changes before starting Batman Begins. With the critical failure of Batman & Robin (1997), Warner Bros. weren't sure if they'll continue it's franchise (they even cancelled Superman Lives that has a documentary by the way) because of it's failure. They went to so many cancelled projects and story lines that may featured Scarecrow and Harley Quinn, to a totally different storyline based on Robert De Niro's classic movie Taxi Driver.

         But thank heavens Batman Begins happened. It's the movie that made Batman cool again. (Not with the voice department I guess)




    So here it is, 2005's "The Tumbler" the mixture of a Lamborghini, a Hummer, and a Stealth plane.


The details look really nice in front. The black and a touch of bronze is a really good mixture. And I like it that the bar that's holding the front wheels on the front aren't really that much noticeable, because we know it didn't had any of that in the movie.


Looking at the sides, details, details, and more details. There are some minor paint chipping but it's no biggie for me.


Just like the rear of the previous Batmobile, there's also a nice touch of detail with this one. (Too bad there's some paint chipping on this one)

"Does it come in black?"
       Credits again for the people from Tomy for another great looking collectible. Too bad it doesn't stay in place that much when you just put it on a surface compared to the 1989 Batmobile. But overall, it's a work of art.


       Now for the last one, Batfleck's Batmobile from Zack Snyder's epic Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. Yeah I know there's so much hate on the movie (critics wise) but let's face it. For me it's a good start for the DCEU, it may start as dark and gritty but at least it's iconic and it's separates itself from Marvel's. And it's just so comic-accurate. It's the first time that we saw Batman in a not so rubber/armored kind of suit. We see Batman don the classic black/grey color scheme from them comics, Wonder Woman's first appearance on the big screen celebrating her 75 years, and Zack's attention to detail is just superb. And you really gotta love the slow motion moments where Zack Snyder is really good at. But we can talk about the movie for a whole blog post but we're not here for that. Let's talk about Hotwheel's take on Batfleck's awesome new ride.
   
photo from cinemablend

 
With most Hotwheels, this is packed in a card kind of thing (sorry, I don't accurately know what it's called) that of course destroyed already. Actually, I'm not really an actual fan of these Hotwheels because some of their works are not really accurate from the real ones. There some over the top weird designs that makes me think if they hire 3 year olds to approve them (like this one). But I'm really surprised on their own rendition of this Batmobile.

 
The matte finish really got my attention. I rarely (in my experience) see a matte finished toy car. It looks really unique and badass looking. Looking at the sides, there aren't much details aside from some the small pipes at the bottom and nice looking wheels.


The rear looks okay, not much detail was put on it but so far the matte finish is the best point of this one. The only small downside for me I guess would be the machine guns in front. It looks like two small horns. But overall it's really great, a great addition to your Batmobile collection.


So there you have it, the three Batmobiles from the recent Batman movies. Just check out some of the other shots by me!





Size comparison of the Hotwheels Batmobile to my (bootleg) lego BvS Batmobile. (Watch out for a review of this as well)




Thanks for checking out my blog and my latest blog post! I hope you enjoyed reading some small facts, and some rants. And I hope I was able to help you with your decision weather to buy these toys for your collection or not  (trust me, I've been there). So let me hear your reactions, suggestions, and questions about my blog post. Better check out and follow my instagram account for some upcoming blog posts, mini reviews, and other photos.

See you in my next post!

またね~

No comments:

Post a Comment