Monday 20 February 2017

[REVIEW] SD BB Senshi LEGEND Zakuto (Yamisyougun)


       Greetings! It's review time again. And today we have the SD BB Senshi LEGEND Zakuto (Yamisyougun). My girlfriend went to  Japan weeks ago and I gave her money to buy me some Gunpla while she was there. It's really nice when your woman/man supports your hobby right? (Don't worry, you'll get yours) Recently I've built 4 kits within the span of 4 weeks, I'm done with the half and I hope I can get things done. Without further adieu, let's start with the review. (Hey, that rhymes!)


       Here's our Zakuto with all parts of the armor equipped. But before that, let's strip down this little fella.



       Just like other SD BB Senshi Legends, you can change it's armors. Which is of course a really cool and badass feature. With other SD BB Senshi Legend kits, you can customize your own SD Gunpla. I hope Bandai will make more of these (and enough of that EX Standard).


       Now we have the (sticker heavy) armor and katana and it's sheath.


       Here it is fully armored.



       Let's start off with the badass looking helmet. The color separation is really nice. Epic detailing on the gold plated part, and it makes this SD stand-out. I like it that bandai gave us that red part at the side of the helmet and not just a full green peace (which may require to add another sticker). If you want to add more details on the head, you can use a black Gundam Marker on the Zaku's pipes.


        Here's some details on the top of the helmet. I'm diggin' the small horns on the yellow part. Nice detail as well on the side of the helmet (which you can paint if you want to.)


       Now for the sticker heavy chest and waist part. Surprisingly, the stickers stuck well on the surface. Somehow I thought I was going to have a hard time making them stick there firmly. Overall the stickers in the chest and waist area look really nice. And a nice shiny finish to them.


       This epic shoulder shield looks badass as well. It has a samurai-like armor thing going on. Even though it has stickers it also went fine. And you can see the Zakuto's face on that circular logo. (I thought it was just some random logo.)


       Now the right shoulder doesn't have any stickers on, but these spikes look awesome. It's like a Zaku of the Sengokou era. I had a small problem with the top spike though. It seem that it doesn't want to push down. But it's okay, the good thing is that it's really stiff.


     He'res the katana and the sheath.


       And here's the sticker heavy katana. It's made of a 1 yellow colored piece. If you're good at painting kits, I suggest you paint them. But if you're a lazy person like me, I guess you can enjoy the shiny-ness of the foil sticker that somehow on my side went well (and I hope it'll stay there for a long time).


       Now for some poses!





       Articulation wise, it's really pose-able. It has a decent amount of head movement (up and down), the waist can rotate and somehow can move up, it has elbow joints, ball joints at the hands, the armpit and arm joints are very articulated but be careful to not move it too much (inwards towards the chest) because it'll pop off. The legs can move however, you can not much move it that much.













       Now let's go to the secondary armor that the Zakuto has. The "Yamisougun".




       It's really nice that you can display it like this when not in use. You can display it instead of just leaving it in the box.


       The armor consists of leg and feet armors, a grey piece for the helmet,  shoulders. wolverine like-claws for the left hand, a right arm accessory that reminds me of the Sword Strike Gundam's, red chest and waist armors, and a huge sword.





       I must say, this Zakuto Yamisyougun looks really menacing. The over-sized shoulers, horned helmet, weapons on both arms and the huge sword on the back looks badass.


       The helmet reminds me of the Unicorn Banshee's. But this one still looks menacing.





       The left (or right) side shoulder part is the same with the right but it has a foil sticker for a logo. I also noticed that it also has a sticker logo but a different one compared to the normal one.



       The chest and waist armors are also sticker heavy. But the outcome of the stickers were fine. The shiny ones are a great touch. The gold stickers near the middle is hard and tricky to put on so be careful. You might as well use a toothpick.


       The claws for the left hand with painted panel lines to give it some detail. Paint it with some metallic stuff for more epic details. (Which I am too lazy to do.)


       On the right hand, we have this "Panzer Eisen" Rocket Anchor looking weapon. I wonder if it has the same functions?


       On the feet we have more gold foil stickers. The (small) leg part for the Yamisyougun is another part though, so you need to change the normal green ones.


       This huge sword looks awesome. It reminds me of the weapon that Sima Yi and Zhuge Liang uses in the Dynasty Warriors series.


       Posing time! (Again)




"I have the (dark) power!"


       And lastly, it has this Mega Bazooka Launcher Canon.


       I really like the Sengoku period-ish design to it.






       At first, I thought I'll have a hard time making the Zakuot hold the canon, but it turned out really fine. (And it can lift it too!)




CONS

  • Sticker heavy
  • Srm joints tend to pop off
  • You need to (skillfully) paint the kit for a more detailed and perfect look.
  • Not much articulation on the legs. (Which most SDs have)
PROS
  • Easy and child-friendly build.
  • Shiny stickers.
  • Shiny looking gold plated piece for the helmet.
  • Less nub marks.
  • Shiny looking katana (thank God the sticker went well).
  • The inter-changeable armor pieces are two thumbs up.

       There you have it, my review of the SD BB Senshi LEGEND Zakuto (Yamisyougun). As the title suggest, it is indeed a legend when it comes to SDs. The inter-changeable armors, katana, the canon, and additional weapons for the Yamisyougun are really cool. I hope Bandai would stop making those EX Standard ones and continue this line, because for me this is worth the money. I hope they'll also release an MG version of this one just like what they did with the SD BB Senshi Musha Gundam because seeing these two in MG form would be a really nice treat.

       So what do you guys think? Are you planning to buy this Zakuto too? Share your thoughts on the comments below and watch out for some more reviews! See you next time!
またね~

No comments:

Post a Comment