Sunday 25 June 2017

[EVENT] Gundam Model Kit Contest 2017 (Philippines)

(photo from Gundam Philipines Facebook page)
       It's that time of the year again where Bankee trading wants you to buy their overpriced Gunpla! your Gunpla building skills are put to a test. This time it was a different (and for me, a much smaller) venue for the event. It was held in SM North EDSA and not in SM Megamall. Maybe it was more accessible I think but maybe not, so for whatever reason they changed the venue. But still the venue isn't the main thing here. It's the wonderful and really creative entries that Pinoy Gunpla builders showcased throughout the competition!

       First off, I would like to apologize because I only took a few photos of the entries because the people from the event only allowed a few people (I think less than) to enter the area where the entries were placed. So first you have to wait in line to wait for someone to leave the area and it's your turn to look around and take photos. It's kinda disappointing but I think it's just for safety purposes (I guess).

        The winning Gunplas from last year's event was also displayed. It's nice that the "weathered" trend died. haha But still, kudos to those people who customized, built, and painted their kits for this competition.





      Right beside the are were the entries were displayed, there are some other Gunplas on display. Great work guys!









Happy 10th anniversary to Gundam 00!


"ONE PUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNCCCHHH!!!"

It's kinda ironic that Venom was the smaller one, but in the comics Venom is obviously bigger than Spidey. Sorry if that sounded kinda rude but still it's a great and shiny build
Fumina'gock?







       I personally liked this SD 7/11 Freedom Gundam custom. The built is really clean and it's really creative! Shout out to the builder (Whose name is in the photo)



Sparkling Blitz











       And also, I wasn't able to take photos of all of the Gunplas displayed on the event. I was going to meet up my pal that day so I wasn't able to take more photos. ㅠㅠ So yeah, after waiting for a few minutes, I took some photos of some (for me) cool looking builds.





The two people who photobombed this photo were just right behind me on the waiting line to get inside. You are doing great my friend, influence thy younglings to this wonderful hobby!









Who built it better? LOL


SIEG ZEON!






"Hey, can you give me a hand with this one?"
Awesome paint job on this one.
        So after a few minutes, I went out of the entries area and looked around the other parts of the venue. They were selling their overpriced Gunplas and had some other displays too. I was able to buy myself a Gunpla during the event but I'll show that one later.

        They also have a really awesome display of the RG Gunplas.








       After waiting for my pal, we went inside again to take some photos, I took some photos of the other Gunplas that I missed.













       So there you have it, (some of) the entries from this year's Gundam Model Kit Competition. As of yesterday they announced the winners but I don't have news about it yet. I'll update my blog later to see who won the competition (since the event is really short and today is the last day) Which one is your favorite? Share your thoughts on the comments section below!

      Oh and there were also exclusive Gunplas on sale during the event. That of course you need to buy any gunpla that is worth P500 (gee thanks again) first to be able to buy the exclusive ones. They actually four and they were a HG Revive RX-78-2 Gundam Clear Color ver. (worth P650 I think), HG IBO Gundam Barbatos 6th Form Iron-Blooded Coating ver. that was already sold out last Saturday, another HG IBO Gundam Barbatos 6th Form but this time, it's a clear color version, and lastly the RG Wing Gundam Zero Custom Pearl Gloss Version that is worth P1600 (a total of P2100 with the P500 purchase) which is I think for me is kinda worth it if you're a huge fan of the iconic OVA. I was going to buy it though, but I really need to save money.

      But wait! As I mentioned earlier, I was looking through some of their stuff and saw small boxes with various miniature figures from various animes (but mostly from Gundam) and found this!

It was kinda cheap though so I just bought it.
At first I thought I was really getting the RX-78-2 Gundam but I it was something better than that.
Behold! A clear NEO ZEONG!
(photo from Gundam Philipines Facebook page)


        So yeah, there you have it again. Congratulations to all of the winners and participants of this year's GMKC. Now next up is this year's Gundam Builders World Cup. Based on the site, they haven't announced anything yet in the Philippines (venue, date, etc.) so let's wait for further announcements. By the way, if you guys like to see some more GMKC, check out last year's competition (I have lots of photos there).

       Thanks for visiting my blog and see you on my next review

No comments:

Post a Comment