Sunday 5 April 2015

HGUC 1/144 MS-06S Zaku II Char Aznable's Customized Mobile Suit (+ Weapon Part B) REVIEW

It's been a (REALLY) long time since I last posted here on my blog. I was pretty busy buying/building Gunplas and also finished watching some animes. (and busy at work)
So here's one of the Gunplas that I bought in the past month (s).  (^_^)


So here it is, the first Mobile Suit that the Red Comet Char Aznable used in the first Gundam Series. I bought this Gunpla at an event last December (together with the Exia Amazing and some other stuffBy the way, thank you Wasabi Toys  for the free PG Unicorn poster. I bought this Gunpla for only P520 (it's Philippine peso because I'm from the Philippines) which will cost around 12 USD.


So here it is standing up. I really like the articulations on this kit even though it was built around 13 years ago.


Here it is with the Zaku Machine Gun and its Heat Hawk (that I needed to paint).


I really don't like how Bandai makes the Heat Hawks, its handles are too small and luckily, I was able to give it a hold on this photo above. I hope they can make some work on it next time. Somehow it's good news that the Gundam The Origin Ver. kinda solved that problem. (photo from GundamGuy)

Here are some poses.

                       "Let's just see, let's test the reaction time of your brand new mobile suit."

                                              "Char Aznable says let the purge begin!"

"Garma, I'm sending your sister to join you. Consider this my farewell present."


                                                                     "TAI!"
                             (Char says that on the Gundam vs Gundam NEXT Plus game)


So the kit itself has really great articulations. The only thing that falls off is that horn (or whatever you call that) on its head. Also, while building the kit, be careful with those pipes (whatever you call it again) on its legs because it's soft and you'll find some difficulties on attaching it.


So before I took photos, I bought Ricardo Fellini's Wing Gundam Fenice Rinascita and thank God those scumbag overpriced people from bankee gave free Weapon Parts for every High Grade Gunpla that you''ll buy at Toy Kingdom. What I got was part B because it's both a close and long range weapon.

The kit comes with a Sword and Twin Beam Rifle.


A close up of the Twin Beam Rifle



And a closeup of that Sword.


A kinda cool thing about the parts is that you can combine it.

"I HAAAAAAAVE THE POWER!!!!"  LOL
Ok, this Zaku kinda feels like he's holding a GN Sword now.

Oh wait, oh here it is! My long Awaited Gundam Exia Amazing.

 
VERDICT
     Cons
  • No waist movement
  • The horn falls off
  • Unpainted Heat Hawk (for me it's a problem but I don't know about you)
  • Very thin handle for the Heat Hawk
     Pros
  • Solid kit
  • Very movable legs and arms.
  As for the Weapon parts, since I got it for free it's still a good freebie to customize some of your Gunplas.



   So yeah, there's my review of the HGUC MS-06S Char's Zaku II. Finally, after several months, I was able to get back to my blog. Stay tuned for some other Gunpla reviews!

Thanks for visiting!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment